The Hive in Sunnyside
JEMM is planning an exciting new purpose-built rental development on 9A Street NW that fulfills the vision of the Hillhurst-Sunnyside Area Redevelopment Plan (ARP) and showcases best practices in Transit Oriented Development.
What’s Next for The Hive
Spring Brings Construction Progress at Hive
How is construction progressing? What a great spring! Concrete is progressing well and should see some big movement upward in the next two months and
Construction is well underway at Hive
JEMM, together with our construction management team at Catapula, is excited to announce the start of construction at Hive at Sunnyside.
Watch Architects Maria & Rob answer twenty rapid-fire questions about design, community, and The Hive in Sunnyside
Maria Landry and Rob Gairns answer twenty questions about The Hive in Sunnyside and the community.
Foundation Piling & Site Services
Below Grade Foundation Works
Above Grade Superstructure
Exterior Building Finishes
June - 2024
Summer Final Completion
Have Your Say!
JEMM’s vision for this 9A Street NW site is to create a mid-rise multi-residential building that showcases our commitment to best practices in sustainable city-building.
This proposal is grounded in the following key principles:
- Optimize the site’s location near transit, especially the Sunnyside LRT Station located just 300 metres to the north.
- Increase housing options near Main Streets to support local businesses, walkability, and livability.
- Fulfill the vision of the Hillhurst-Sunnyside ARP by creating a truly transit-oriented development.
- Prioritize people over cars by ensuring the development supports active modes (walking, biking).
- Ensure a high-quality public realm with an emphasis on a safe, active, and inviting streetscape.