The Hive in Sunnyside
JEMM is planning an exciting new purpose-built rental development on 9A Street NW that fulfills the vision of the Hillhurst-Sunnyside Area Redevelopment Plan (ARP) and showcases best practices in Transit Oriented Development.
What’s Next for The Hive
Watch Architects Maria & Rob answer twenty rapid-fire questions about design, community, and The Hive in Sunnyside
Maria Landry and Rob Gairns answer twenty questions about The Hive in Sunnyside and the community.
Foundation Piling & Site Services
Below Grade Foundation Works
Above Grade Superstructure
Exterior Building Finishes
June - 2024
Summer Final Completion
Have Your Say!
JEMM’s vision for this 9A Street NW site is to create a mid-rise multi-residential building that showcases our commitment to best practices in sustainable city-building.
This proposal is grounded in the following key principles:
- Optimize the site’s location near transit, especially the Sunnyside LRT Station located just 300 metres to the north.
- Increase housing options near Main Streets to support local businesses, walkability, and livability.
- Fulfill the vision of the Hillhurst-Sunnyside ARP by creating a truly transit-oriented development.
- Prioritize people over cars by ensuring the development supports active modes (walking, biking).
- Ensure a high-quality public realm with an emphasis on a safe, active, and inviting streetscape.